Steve has spent many years working across the world in procurement. Initially with an engineering background he moved into procurement and contracting 20 years ago and served on BP’s senior leader team directing BP’s global environmental engineering spend.
He has experience in transforming procurement teams, developing and executing sourcing strategies and negotiating with governments on major development projects. He prides himself on his ability to communicate across all levels of an organisation and is always striving to negotiate win-win deals.
Examples of Steve’s achievements and expertise:
- Embedded procurement process into oil major (BP)
- Led efficiency project for power company (Eon)
- Developed consultancy strategy for mining co (Anglo American)
David has a 30-year career in procurement, heading the function in businesses as diverse as telecoms, FMCG and waste management and providing consultancy and contracting services to clients in many industries, in both manufacturing and service sectors here and abroad.
He has worked with his own and clients’ teams, training and motivating them to use proven procurement tools and techniques to remove cost, manage risk and maximize supplier and supply-chain performance. This approach has delivered benefits which are both measurable and sustainable.
Examples of David’s achievements and expertise:
- As CPO at Shanks-Renewi, implemented category management to shrink supply base and yield savings up to 25%
- Deployed new procurement & supply chain management process (BP upstream)
- As a freelance consultant, created and implemented effective procurement strategy in a broad range of industries.